VRFavs are back from CES2018 and ready to share with you our impressions:
- Super precise eye tracking by Tobii. The first headsets with installed eyetracking should be released in early 2019. Already working in Vive Dev kit. Hope it will make to Oculus soon. We've been able to play intense VR game based on our eye tracking capabilities.
- Lightfield cameras. We have got sources and software from one of LF manufactures. You get 6 DoF and the videos themselves are so overwhelming in every aspect compared to what we have now. VR rig era should be over. The sooner it is, the better for us. Intel has succeeded a lot in creating and streaming volumetric videos. They have built 10,000+ sq ft volumetric capturing and creation facility.
- 4K displays at PimaxVR and HTC Vive. It means tech is there and 4k display should become default in early 2019.
- Snapdragon Vr chipset to be released soon with a bunch of all-in-one headsets coming out soon this year (tried many of those): Motion to photon latency <18ms at single panel AMOLED display with 2560x1440 resolution
- Head tracking cameras, multiple microphones, gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer
- Motion tracking in full 6 degrees at 800Hz using integrated DSP, leaving CPU and GPU free for computing and graphics
- Binaural 3D positional audio.
- A lot of artistic content that is totally overwhelming, integrated with all sorts of simulators. Location based VR will be put to the next extend compared to what you can experience at home. There was a big number of accessories, haptics, motion trackers to make VR experience super exciting.
- AR is getting better. Tons of new cool applications. Meta AR headset have overwhelming graphics compared to HoloLens.
- We haven't seen much VR during XBiz show. We have encouraged some few A-list adult studios to get into VR. Expect more updates from us soon. Also bringing SLR app to the whole new level very soon.
- Big number of exhibitors had VR demoing their services, products or technology. Many of those were really good. Business has already embraced VR.
Suggest Virtual Reality site you like. We are happy to list all the good sites. Twitter/Facebook post about VRFavs.com would be highly appreciated.
Please be specific about your site and submit link with some details about it.